Did you know that you can access your Email from anywhere in the world?
Get yourself to an internet café/friends computer as long as you have access to the internet and a web browser you will be able to access your mail, Send new mails, delete mails, make drafts, reply to emails, basically anything that you can do from your own computer with outlook. You can even use these steps on your mobile device like a tablet or a smartphone.
How to access my email online?
1. Type the domain name in the URL block at the top of your browser http://www.yourdomainname.co.za
2. Then ensure that you add the following after the domain URL “/webmail” (without the quotes) for example http://www.yourdomainname.co.za/webmail
3. Now you will be asked to enter your Username and Password, the username will be your full email address, and the password whatever you made it. If you do not know your email password, and your domain is hosted by Mortal Computers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to change the password to what you want it to be.
4. Remember the password must be longer than 8 characters and can consist Capital letters, Lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
5. Once logged in the bowser will ask you (Depending on your ISP and Cpanel ) Which Application you would like to use as a default to access your mail. Your choices are “Roundcube” or “SquirrelMail” (I normally suggest trying out both before setting one as a default as you need to decide which one is better for you)
6. Personally I prefer “RoundCube”
7. Once logged in you will see a screen that resembles a normal email program, here you will be able to do anything, Send Mails, Receive Mails, Delete Mails and more.
If your domain is hosted by Mortal Computers you can contact me at email@example.com for more help.
If your domain is hosted by another ISP, go to http://mortalcomputers.co.za/hosting-packages/hosting-application/ and get your domain transferred.